Youth and Member Development
Youth and Member Development provides pathways for young members to become senior active lifesavers by developing teamwork, leadership, fitness and lifesaving skills.
It aims to strengthen the skills and experiences of our members through a variety of internal and external programs, events and initiatives.
Young people are the future of lifesaving and Mermaid Beach AEME SLSC in conjunction with SLSQ aim to provide our younger members with the opportunity to make friends and learn new skills in an enjoyable environment.
Youth and Member Development aims to:
- Promote maximum involvement in club surf sports, development and surf lifesaving activities and programs
- Conduct high quality and challenging development and lifesaving activities in compliance with club and SLSQ policies and procedures
- Coordinate and promote maximum attendance at branch, state and national development and leadership programs
There are many ways that you can be involved in lifesaving and there are a number of programs and activities that SLSQ and Mermaid Beach AEME SLSC run to help keep you motivated, keep you involved, and that help you get ahead in life outside lifesaving!
We also run social activities and programs that help you get fitter and stronger in the water and on the sand, and also teach vital leadership and teamwork skills.
We provide opportunities for all members to choose how they can be involved and feel valued for their contribution to surf lifesaving. Our members are our number one priority and their continual development is a catalyst for their growth physically, emotionally and psychologically.
Youth and Member Activities:
- LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS:
- SLSA Leadership College
- SLSA Leaders Masterclass
- SLSQ Leadership Excellence Program
- SLSQ Breaka Youth Excellence Program
- BRANCH ACTIVITIES:
- YIPS – Youth Involvement Program
- Youth Development Gala Dinner
- Amazing Race
- Beach Sports Challenge
- Movie World Fright Night
- School Holiday Programs
- Mermaid Beach AEME SLSC Development Camp
- Survive the Point – Point Lookout SLSC
- Branch – Gold Coast Youth Development Camp
- COACHING AND TRAINING:
- Fitness classes
- Gym programs
- Board and Ski training
- Beach sprints and Flags
To get involved please contact one of our Youth Development representatives below at email@example.com
Youth Development Director: Melinda Gerry
Youth Development Committee: Monica Wilkie, Joel Tomasoni, Josh Schneider, Melissa Roberts, Shiloh Young, Sophie Gerry, Clarke Kelhear, Ben Gerry, Chris Kelhear