Before your membership renewal is processed, all members 18 and over holding club roles involving club roles involving contact with children or youth MUST have:
A current Volunteer Working with Children Blue Card. Applications can be made by completing the Blue Card Application form, signing and returning to the club office with the required 2 forms of ID. This form can be found on the website, Click Here or collected from the club.
Roles requiring Blue Card:
- Committee Members
- Junior Activities Chairperson and Committee Members
- Junior Activities Team Managers
- Junior Activities Assistant Team Managers
- Junior Activities Chaperones
- Age Managers and Assistant Age Managers
- Junior Activities Coaches
- Junior Activities Assistant Coaches
- Cadet / Youth Officers
- Chief Training Officer and Training Officers
- Patrol Captains
- Patrol Members
- Assistant Coaches
- Senior Team Managers
- Water Safety Personnel (including IRB Crew)
- Peer Support/Grievance Officers
- All leaders, instructors and chaperones involved in a “live-in” situation
- Caretakers (including Live-in)
- All Surf Lifesaving Paid Employees (including under 18’s).
Supporter Club Membership Cards
Members will be required to come into the office to complete the new form and collect the new card, valid till 30 September 2018. Each patrolling member and members over 18 are required to have a SLSA portal account.
Only the primary parent from each family will need to create the new SLSA Members Portal. Once created, they will be able to set up their Family Group . This feature will allow families to form a Family Group, requiring only 1 login to renew and update details of all the family members. Click Here for instructions on how to create your new Family Group.
NB: If you have a child Under 18, in your family that patrols, they will still need to create their own account. For instructions on creating your SLSA Members Portal account, Click Here or go straight to the SLSA Members Portal.
Once the new account has been set up, click the Lifesaving online tab and renew your membership. This will then take you to MAKE A PAYMENT page.
* If paying as an individual, Click Here to view price list , to see the amount required to pay, type that amount in the Amount box, then continued on to complete the transaction.
*If paying as a family, please put all of the family’s names in the Complete name/Meaningful payment details and the correct fee in the Amount box.
Jack (dad), Mary (mum) and Jill (U10) Hill are all renewing for the 15/16 season. They have checked their family membership fee, by checking Click Here to view price list , which for a family with 1 nipper is $260. In the Complete name/Meaningful payment details, they put all the name of the families i.e. Jack, Mary and Jill Hill. In Amount box they typed $260 then continued on to complete the transaction. Your account will show as Pending.
All applications for membership are reviewed and approved by our club’s management committee.